Children's Alopecia Project Hair Drive and Fundraiser

The Virginia/Maryland Chapter of the Children’s Alopecia Project (CAP) teamed up with Alexandre de Paris Salon last Saturday for a hair drive to support Children with Hairloss (CWHL). It was a huge success and a wonderful opportunity to raise awareness about alopecia, an incurable autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. We would love to do it again every year.





Yup, that's me in the center, minus eight inches of hair. A big shout out to Alexandre and his incredible team for sponsoring the hair drive and fundraiser, and family and friends who came out to show their support. The generous donations will help send CAP kids to Alopeciapalooza for free and support CWHL's mission of "covering young heads to heal young hearts". Much thanks to Rebecca Watkins Photography for capturing the event, and Kristen of Decorate This! for donating the CAP sugar cookies.

2 comments:

  1. We already love your blog! Now, thank you for throwing your talent and support behind such a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a spammer. I hope you see this. My son was diagnosed last week with Alopecia Areata- I shared this on my own blog and a lovely reader sent me to your site. We are waiting on a dermatologist appointment next monday. I just wanted to reach out and say hello.

    This fundraiser is amazing.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete

Next previous home