Tutorial Tuesday: No-Sew Table Runner

I'm so excited to have Adriana from And Baby Makes Three as our guest blogger today. If you're like me and hate breaking out the sewing machine, be sure to check out her easy no-sew project.

Thank you Christine for sharing my No-Sew Table Runner tutorial. For my son’s recent Robots & Rockets 2nd birthday party I wanted to make a table runner to add to the party décor, unfortunately sewing is not a skill I posses, so I cheated a little. I made a no-sew table runner, it was super easy to make and actually turned out a lot nicer than thought it would; even my friends who sew were impressed! Here are the steps to make your very own no-sew table runner.

Materials Needed:
  • Fabric
  • Stitch Witchery (fusible bonding web)
  • Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Iron
  • Ironing Board
1. Cut your piece of fabric to your desired table runner length and width, then iron out any wrinkles.


2. Starting on one side, place you fusible bonding web along the edge of your fabric leaving a small edge of fabric free.


3. Place your ribbon over the fusible bonding web and the fabric and iron them together. I suggest doing this in 12 inch sections to avoid an uneven attachment.

4. Repeat this step on all three sides of the fabric overlapping the ribbon on each corner.


In less than an hour you will have your very own DIY table runner, no sewing machine required!

Thanks, Adriana. Visit And Baby Makes Three to see all of the incredible details from her party. Do you have a DIY project that you'd like to submit? Be our guest (blogger, that is)! And stop back tomorrow for the full scoop on the next Party Tutorial Contest.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea!! It turned out great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I've done a runner by making a hem with fusible web, but I love the contrast of a ribbon trim - and it looks even easier! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was looking at your son's 2nd bday party...very cute! Where did you find those white chairs that you used?

    ReplyDelete

Next previous home