I've always been a highly visual person, so when I'm planning an event I often find it helpful to sketch my ideas onto paper. Here is what I had in mind for my sister's Lullaby Baby Shower.
1) Instead of using a regular table, I decided to use a crib for the dessert table. White canopy netting would be draped along the headboard and footboard, and a counting sheep mobile would be suspended in the center. To complete the dreamy look, I pictured hanging white pom poms to resemble clouds and covering the ceiling with blue balloons for the sky.
2) I needed to create something to display advice for the parents-to-be, and came up with the idea of stringing long strands of ribbon around a hoop. My initial plan was to have the guests write their advice on star-shaped post-it notes and stick it onto the ribbon when they were done.
3) I thought that paper origami stars would be perfect for adding color and interest to the neutral color palette. They could be used as dessert toppers or glued onto souffle cups and paper drinking cups.
4) For the chocolate covered moon pies, I wanted to stencil a picture of a cloud or star with sprinkled powered sugar.
5) After seeing these macaron pops on Tartelette, I thought they would be really cute for the shower, especially tied with ribbon.
Stop back later this week to see how everything came together. In the meanwhile, check out some of the pictures on my Facebook page.