This recipe is as simple as pie. All you'll need is ready-made pie crusts (I used the one from Trader Joe's), pre-made pie filling or follow your favorite recipe (I used Trader Joe's dark morello cherries with a bit of sugar and tapioca), and a little butter and sugar.
- Line a small glass jar (I used an empty salsa jar) with the pie crust.
- Fill the jar with the pie filling.
- For the the pie top, use the the jar lid to cut out a circle. Make slits on the top, or cut out a small design.
- Place the circle over the top of the jar and press against the sides with a fork. Brush the top with some butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
There are just a few more days to link up your DIY project to our Party Tutorial Contest. Be sure to enter for a chance to win some amazing digital prizes, like 3 months of sidebar ad space on Bird's Party.
As seen on: