Say I Love You Book

Five month old Lucien, whose name means "light" in French, has an extremely colorful heritage. Get this... he is part Vietnamese, German, Hawaiian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Irish, English and French! And no joke, at two months he could already say "I love you". So as a Valentine's Day gift, I handcrafted a felt book that says those three magic words in all nine languages.


For the cover, "Lucien's Say I Love You Book" was traced onto tissue paper and sewn over with black embroidery thread. When I was done, I carefully pulled off the tissue paper, using twisters to remove the smaller pieces.


The family pictures and words inside the book were printed on transfer paper, ironed onto gray cotton fabric, then sewn on with colorful embroidery thread.


Finally, blanket stitches (go here for a great tutorial) were used to sew the felt pages together.


As seen on:
One Sweet Party
The Children's Party Network ** Heart & Sew Challenge winner

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I love this book... so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful book! That was such a great idea to include "I love you" in the different languages. What a sweet keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly precious gift! Made not only with great crafting skills (love the photo transfers & the cute blanket stitching), but clearly with lots of love. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a thoughtful gift, and I know it will become a treasure! Just wonderful.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now!

    Please come again!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift. So thoughtful and sweet!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. At this time I'm not planning on selling my Owl Heating Pads in my Etsy -- sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm the lucky mom of lucien. wow - it's going to be so coooool! we are so delighted and so excited to see it. this is such a fantastic idea - christine is truly creative...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the sweet compliments. Be sure to say "I love you" to someone you love today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Christine! YOU WIN the Heart and SEW Challenge!
    Email me your home address at bschwaigert23@yahoo.com and Natalie will have your gift certificate in the mail ASAP!
    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really appreciate you sharing this blog article.Really thank you! Will read on부산오피

    ReplyDelete

Next previous home