Digital Photography 101

We've had our Nikon D80 camera for about 3 years now and 90 percent of the time it's on the auto setting. It was about time I learned how to use the manual controls, especially with Caitlyn's birthday party coming up in July. So yesterday, I took the "Intro to the Digital SLR Camera" workshop at the Hive at 1511 studio in Old Town Alexandria.

hive at 1511

For 90 minutes, wedding photographer Kate Headley covered topics like ISO, aperture, shutter speed, lenses, light, and composition. Towards the end, students were paired up to work on a photo assignment. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures.

digital slr camera workshop at hive at 1511

Although the workshop is a bit pricey, I thought it was well worth it and would highly recommend it. I'm really tempted to sign up for the "Inside the Creative Business" workshop in August, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next home