Tutorial Tuesday: DIY Halloween Party Invitation

Hi! I'm Lindsay, a girl with a passion for invitation design and the girl behind Easy Made Invitations. I'm a mom of 3, a wife and I truly love a beautiful handmade invitation.

Nothing is better than receiving a fantastic invitation for a fantastic upcoming event! My designs always have a sophisticated, simple style accented with beautiful colors or perhaps a ribbon. I've created EasyMadeInvitations.com to show other moms, grandmas, sisters and anyone who is interested how to create the simple, unique designs that I create. I also offer custom orders for those who would love a handmade invitation for their event, but may not have the time to make them. Be sure to stop by my blog, www.easymadeinvitations.com often to see what's new. I add new designs almost daily.

Today, I've been asked by Christine to give a tutorial on a fun homemade Halloween party invitation. I was so excited to make another Halloween invitation and to write the post for this fabulous site. So here it is...

Homemade Halloween Costume Party Invitation


Supply List...
As soon as I saw this cute colorful polka-dot paper at Hobby Lobby, I knew I just had to make a Halloween invitation with it. The best part about this invitation is that it's really simple to make!



To begin, using a paper cutter (I prefer my Exacto Paper Trimmer that I've used for years) cut the black cardstock in half to a size of 5-1/2"x 8-1/2". You'll find that using a paper cutter will cut (no pun intended :) ) your time in half! Next, cut the purple cardstock to a size of 5-1/4"x 8-1/4". Now cut the polka-dot paper to size of 4-3/4"x 3" long.

Next, you will need to design a text layout for the invitation. I like to use my Printshop program or my Word program. I used a landscape (horizontal) layout and created two columns. You will need to adjust the margins to fit your invitation layout. Use different font styles and sizes to create an interesting text layout. I also used a fun wording to begin this invitation...

"Calling all Ghosts, Goblins
and Creatures of the night!
Creep, float or crawl over to our
Halloween Costume Party!"

Finish by including the rest of the party information. I also added a cute saying at the end..."You'd be Ghoulish to miss this party!" Copy and paste the finished text to the 2nd column on the page. This will give you two text sheets per one sheet of cardstock. Print on standard printer paper to determine if the layout will work. Once it is correct, print the final text on the lime green cardstock.

Next, cut the green cardstock to a size of 4-3/4"x 5-3/4" long.



Using a length of the black ribbon, tie a single knot in the center. After you attach the green cardstock to the polka-dot paper, wrap the ribbon around the two at the seam. The green cardstock will overlap the polka-dot paper. Attach the ribbon in the center under the knot and on the backside using scrapbook mounting squares. (I included some googly eyes in the 'supplies' picture because originally I thought I would use them, but ended up not.) Next, attach the top layer to the purple cardstock and those layers to the black cardstock.


That's it! I just love this fun design and especially the fact that it is so easy to make. You'll definitely want to try this invitation for the monster mash you're planning. Visit my website, Easy Made Invitations, for even more homemade Halloween party invitation ideas!

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my guest post, Christine! I just love your site and would love to do more guest posts in the future!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this invite!
    Can you tell us what fonts you used?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Next previous home