Who doesn't love candy corn? It's a Halloween staple. Like every kid, I use to bite off the white tips and pretend they were vampire fangs. I couldn't help eating one or two, even when I was working on this candy corn cupcake stand.
For this tutorial, you'll just need three sheets of white 12"x12" glitter card stock (this one is from American Crafts purchased at AC Moore), 14" and 10" cake circles (from Michael's), a glass vase, two-sided tape, glue, and three 9 oz bags of candy corn.
1. Trace and cut one sheet of glitter card stock using the 10" cake circle as a template.
2. Glue the card stock on top of the white side of the cake circle.
3. Cut 3/16" strips of the card stock and glue to the sides of the cake circle.
4. Now for the fun part. Glue candy corn along the edge of the cake circle.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 with the 14" cake circle.
6. Fill the glass vase with candy corn. Then put two-sided tape along the lip of the vase and set the 10" cake circle on top.
As Seen On: Amanda Parker and Family / A Glimpse Inside / Edible Crafts / One Pretty Thing / Embellishing Life / Frog Prince Paperie / Someday Crafts / Sumo's Sweet Stuff